Contributed by Penobscot Marine Museum
H. E. Coffin's store on Main Street in Portage Lake in about 1915. The community, incorporated in 1909, had a population of about 500 in 1910.
Portage is on Route 11 slightly northwest of Ashland.
About This Item
- Title: Main Street, Portage Lake, ca. 1915
- Creator: Eastern Illustrating & Publishing
- Creation Date: circa 1915
- Subject Date: circa 1915
- Town: Portage Lake
- County: Aroostook
- State: ME
- Media: Glass Negative
- Collection: Eastern Illustrating & Publishing Co.
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Penobscot Marine Museum
PO Box 498, 5 Church Street, Searsport, ME 04974
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Dirt roads--Maine--Portage Lake
- Post offices--Maine--Portage Lake
- Main Street (Portage Lake, Me.)
- Eastern Illustrating & Publishing Company
- Stores & shops--Maine--Portage Lake
- Streets--Maine--Portage Lake
- Dwellings--Maine--Portage Lake
- General stores--Maine--Portage
- Telephone wires--Portage Lake
- Utility poles--Portage Lake
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.