Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Hiram W. Ricker Sr., left, of Poland Spring Resort, and Dr. Augustus O. Thomas, Maine State Commissioner of Education, hold a bronze tablet honoring William Ladd of Minot, founder of the American Peace Society.
The tablet was attached to a large boulder from the old Ladd Farm at Center Minot to honor Ladd on the 100th anniversary of the founding of the American Peace Society.
About This Item
- Title: Hiram Ricker, Augustus Thomas, Minot, 1928
- Creation Date: 1928
- Subject Date: 1928
- Town: Minot
- County: Androscoggin
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Local Code: Photographs -- Minot; A71-40-2
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Ladd, William, 1778-1841--Monuments
- Ladd, William, 1778-1841--Commemoration
- Ladd, William, 1778-1841--Anniversaries, etc.
- Peace--Societies, etc.
- Peace Society (Minot, Me.)
- American Peace Society--Centennial celebrations, etc.
- Peace movements--Maine
- Sills, Kenneth Charles Morton, 1879-1954
- Historical markers--Maine--Minot
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.