Contributed by Scarborough Historical Society & Museum
This type of buckboard was typical for transportation in the 1880s-1890s. Leeman's Buckboard at Higgins Beach in Scarborough picked up passengers at the local train stations and took them to their hotels or summer homes.
About This Item
- Title: Leeman's Buckboard at Higgins Beach, Scarborough, ca. 1880
- Creator: Leeman, Marion L.
- Creation Date: circa 1880
- Subject Date: circa 1880
- Local Name: Higgins Beach
- Town: Scarborough
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 18.4 cm x 24.7 cm
- Local Code: 98.25.4
- Collection: Transportation
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Scarborough Historical Society & Museum
PO Box 156, Scarborough, ME 04070-0156
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.