Laconia Mills boarding houses, Biddeford, ca. 1895
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The boarding houses of the Laconia Mills, York Street, Biddeford, circa 1895.
Some of the residents can be seen about the doorstep of one of the homes.
The Laconia Mills were below the Pepperell Mills, on the Lower Falls end of the river and Main Street. These homes were directly adjacent to the entrance of the Laconia Mills, and steps away from the shops and amenities of Main Street.
The Laconia Mills were absorbed by the Pepperell Mills in 1899.