Contributed by Abplanalp Library, UNE
Deborah Morton pours tea for Westbrook Seminary faculty in 1896-1897. Faculty are Arthur C. Yeaton (natural sciences), Carrie M. True (Latin), Harry C. Folsom (Greek), Annie K. Tuell (mathematics and English), and Agnes M. Safford (oratory and physical culture).
Deborah Nichols Morton (1857-1947) was associated with Westbrook Seminary and Junior College for over 60 years, and her entire life of service to education and to civic and cultural affairs centered around her Westbrook experience. She taught French and German, and was a teacher, preceptress, educator, lecturer and reformer.
Arthur C. Yeaton served as principal and bursar, in addition to teaching, from 1907 to 1911.
Agnes M. Safford was a teacher at Westbrook Seminary and Junior College from 1896 to 1914, preceptress/dean of girls from 1920 to 1925, and principal from 1925 to 1932.
About This Item
- Title: Deborah Morton, Westbrook Seminary, 1897
- Creation Date: 1897
- Subject Date: 1897
- Local Name: Deering
- Town: Deering, Portland, Westbrook
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Local Code: Faculty photographs
- Collection: Westbrook College History Collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Abplanalp Library, UNE
716 Stevens Avenue, Portland, ME 04103
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Tea parties--1890-1900--Maine--Portland
- Westbrook College
- University of New England. Westbrook College Campus
- Morton, Deborah N. (Deborah Nichols), 1857-1947
- Westbrook Seminary--People
- Westbrook Junior College
- Universities & colleges--Maine
- Morton, Deborah N.
- Yeaton, Arthur C.
- True, Carrie M.
- Folsom, Harry C.
- Tuell, Annie K.
- Safford, Agnes M.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.