Contributed by Farnsworth Art Museum through Peary-MacMillan Arctic Museum and Arctic Studies Center
Upon reaching Labrador, the four men comprising the Grand River Party left the Julia A. Decker and their companions from the Bowdoin College Scientific Expedition to Labrador in a small sail boat, towing two canoes behind them.
Accidents and injuries would eventually force two of the men to turn back, and rob the remaining adventurers of the canoes they needed for transportation.
About This Item
- Title: Grand River party leaving the 'Julia A. Decker,' Labrador, 1891
- Creation Date: 1891
- Subject Date: 1891
- State: Labrador
- Media: Photographic print
- Local Code: 1996.11.49
- Collection: Farnsworth Art Museum - Rockland Camera Club Collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Peary-MacMillan Arctic Museum and Arctic Studies Center
Bowdoin College, 9500 College Station, Brunswick, ME 04011-8495
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Julia A. Decker (Ship)
- Grand Falls Expedition
- Bowdoin College Scientific Expedition to Labrador
- Bowdoin College--People
- Scientific expeditions--Arctic regions
- Arctic regions--Discovery and exploration
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.