Contributed by Farnsworth Art Museum through Peary-MacMillan Arctic Museum and Arctic Studies Center
Ernest Young, Bowdoin class of 1892, from Brunswick, was a member of the Grand River Party which sought to discover the Grand Falls, a large waterfall deep in the interior of Labrador.
The Grand River Party was composed of four members of the larger Bowdoin College Scientific Expedition to Labrador, which explored the coast line of Labrador in the summer of 1891.
About This Item
- Title: Ernest Young leaning on rifle, Labrador, 1891
- Creation Date: 1891
- Subject Date: 1891
- State: Labrador
- Media: Photographic print
- Local Code: 1996.11.26
- Collection: Farnsworth Art Museum - Rockland Camera Club Collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Peary-MacMillan Arctic Museum and Arctic Studies Center
Bowdoin College, 9500 College Station, Brunswick, ME 04011-8495
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Arctic regions--Discovery and exploration
- Bowdoin College Scientific Expedition to Labrador
- Bowdoin College--People
- Grand Falls Expedition
- Scientific expeditions--Arctic regions
- Scientific expeditions--Arctic regions--Equipment and supplies
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.