Contributed by Farnsworth Art Museum through Peary-MacMillan Arctic Museum and Arctic Studies Center
The Bowdoin College Scientific Expedition to Labrador traveled aboard the schooner Julia A. Decker.
The captain of the Julia A. Decker was N.P. Spear, of Rockland. Although not experienced in Arctic waters, Spear successfully navigated the ship along the expedition's various ports-of-call.
About This Item
- Title: Captain N.P. Spear aboard the 'Julia A. Decker,' 1891
- Creation Date: 1891
- Subject Date: 1891
- State: Labrador
- Media: paper; photograph
- Local Code: 1996.11.3
- Collection: Farnsworth Art Museum - Rockland Camera Club Collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Peary-MacMillan Arctic Museum and Arctic Studies Center
Bowdoin College, 9500 College Station, Brunswick, ME 04011-8495
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Bowdoin College Scientific Expedition to Labrador
- Bowdoin College--People
- Scientific expeditions--Arctic regions
- Arctic regions--Discovery and exploration
- Grand Falls Expedition
- Julia A. Decker (Ship)
- Ship captains--Maine--Rockland
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.