Contributed by Peary-MacMillan Arctic Museum and Arctic Studies Center
This record was added to Maine Memory Network through the efforts of a student at Bowdoin College. Learn more.
This cabinet card of an unidentified young man was produced by the Singhi Studio of Rockland.
Several members of the Bowdoin College Scientific Expedition to Labrador were natives of Rockland, including Jonathan Prince Cilley, who authored "Bowdoin Boys in Labrador," an account of the expedition.
About This Item
- Title: Young man wearing sealskin clothes, Rockland, 1891
- Creator: John F. Singhi Studio
- Creation Date: 1891
- Subject Date: 1891
- Town: Rockland
- County: Knox
- State: ME
- Media: paper; photograph
- Dimensions: 16.5 cm x 10.5 cm
- Local Code: 1988.17.14
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Peary-MacMillan Arctic Museum and Arctic Studies Center
Bowdoin College, 9500 College Station, Brunswick, ME 04011-8495
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Bowdoin College--People
- Scientific expeditions--Arctic regions--Equipment and supplies
- Scientific expeditions--Arctic regions
- Arctic regions--Discovery and exploration
- Bowdoin College Scientific Expedition to Labrador
- Cold weather clothing
- Fur garments
- Seals (Animals)
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.