Contributed by Maine Historical Society
B. (Bezaleel) Cushman of the Portland Academy on the progress of Henry and Stephen Longfellow.
The boys studied with various schoolmasters before entering Portland Academy in 1813, when Henry was six.
He finished his studies in 1821 at age 14 when he entered Bowdoin College.
About This Item
- Title: School report on Stephen and Henry Longfellow, 1817
- Creator: Cushman, Bezaleel
- Creation Date: 1817-11-01
- Subject Date: 1817-11-01
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Local Code: Coll. 185, Box 2/12
- Collection: Longfellow family papers
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Cushman, B. (Bezaleel), 1785-1857--Correspondence
- Longfellow, Henry Wadsworth, 1807-1882
- Longfellow, Stephen, 1805-1850
- Portland Academy (Portland, Me.)
- Report cards--Maine--Portland
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.