Contributed by Thomaston Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
A kiln worker breaks up hot lime while the trimmer fills a barrel.
The Creighton kilns were located at the base of Knox Street near the old Fort Wharf. They were still standing in the 1970s but in near ruins. The Lyman Morse Boatbuilding Company now owns the property.
About This Item
- Title: Creighton Kiln Base, Thomaston, 1900
- Creation Date: circa 1900
- Subject Date: circa 1900
- Town: Thomaston
- County: Knox
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 11 cm x 16.5 cm
- Local Code: PhotographBoxBusinesses87.16
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Thomaston Historical Society
PO Box 384, Thomaston, ME 04861
(207) 354 2295