Contributed by Northeast Historic Film
A film clip by Harrie B. Coe of the Maine Publicity Bureau shows sardine catching in Eastport in about 1930.
The promotional film included scenes of Rockland lime quarries, blueberry raking and canning, Eastport sardine industry, sheep ranching, Portland's waterfront, Cape Elizabeth Drive and ocean views, Cathedral Woods in Eustis, and the Rangeley mountain and lakes region.
About This Item
- Title: Catching sardines, Eastport, ca. 1930
- Creator: Coe, Harrie B.
- Creation Date: circa 1930
- Subject Date: circa 1930
- State: ME
- Media: 16mm film
- Local Code: 0760_001
- Collection: Harrie B. Coe
- Object Type: Video and sound
For more information about this item, contact:Northeast Historic Film
P.O. Box 900, Bucksport, ME 04416
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Sardine industry--Maine
- Sardine fisheries--Maine
- Promotional materials
- Maine. Dept. of Economic Development
- Limestone industry--Maine
- Quarries and quarrying--Maine
- Fishing weirs--Maine
- Rangeley Lakes (Me. and N.H.)
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.