Lobster Festival Parade, Rockland, ca. 1955
Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
"Yorkie" the clown leads the annual Seafoods Festival Parade in Rockland.
The festival is held at the beginning of August. The postcard image notes that more than 20,000 lobsters are served to people from all over the nation.
The festival began in 1947 in Camden, then moved to Rockland.
- Title: Lobster Festival Parade, Rockland, ca. 1955
- Creator: Eastern Illustrating Co., Belfast
- Creation Date: circa 1955
- Subject Date: circa 1955
- Town: Rockland
- County: Knox
- State: ME
- Media: Photograph on postcard
- Dimensions (cm): 9 x 14
- Local Code: Coll. 4014, Postcards, A71-24-44
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine Historical Society
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
If you'd like to privately share a comment with MMN staff, please use this form.