Boys' Fund, Newport, 1888
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
George W. Hinckley began publishing The "Boys' Fund" in February 1888 to raise money and awareness about the need for a home for orphans and other boys "who need a helping hand." He published the monthly journal until the home -- The Good Will Home -- became a reality in July 1889. In September 1889, he changed the name of the publication to the Good Will Record.