Contributed by Penobscot Marine Museum
Main Street in Saco in about 1910. The Odd Fellows Hall, third from the right, was built in 1896 from designs by the noted Portland architect John Calvin Stevens.
To the left of the hall is the Saco House of 1837, a hotel which burned on December 9, 1912. The remains of the Saco House were rebuilt with a flat roof to house the Atkinson Furniture Company.
About This Item
- Title: Main Street, Saco, ca. 1910
- Creator: Eastern Illustrating and Publishing Co., Belfast
- Creation Date: circa 1910
- Subject Date: circa 1910
- Town: Saco
- County: York
- State: ME
- Media: Glass Negative
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Penobscot Marine Museum
PO Box 498, 5 Church Street, Searsport, ME 04974
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Eastern Illustrating & Publishing Company
- Main Street (Saco, Me.)
- Stores & shops--Maine--Saco
- Furniture stores--Maine--Saco
- Saco House (Saco, Me.)
- Independent Order of Odd Fellows
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.