Contributed by Penobscot Marine Museum
Members of the Masonic order of the Commandery march on Main Street in Presque Isle, attired in black uniforms complete with sashes, swords, and plumed hats.
State Street intersects with Main Street in the middle of the picture with the A. M. Smith Block on the left corner and the Bolton Block at the right.
Built in 1891, the Bolton Block, with its distinctive tower, burned in 1943.
About This Item
- Title: Main Street, Presque Isle, ca. 1915
- Creator: Eastern Illustrating and Publishing Co., Belfast
- Creation Date: circa 1915
- Subject Date: circa 1915
- Town: Presque Isle
- County: Aroostook
- State: ME
- Media: Glass Negative
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Penobscot Marine Museum
PO Box 498, 5 Church Street, Searsport, ME 04974
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Freemasons--Maine--Presque Isle
- Buildings--Maine--Presque Isle
- Marching bands--Maine--Presque Isle
- Streets--Maine--Presque Isle
- Stores & shops--Maine--Presque Isle
- Main Street (Presque Isle, Me.)
- Eastern Illustrating & Publishing Company
- Parades & processions--Maine--Presque Isle
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.