Contributed by New Gloucester Historical Society
Nurse Marjorie Kessell, in front of the Hedin Hospital at Pownal State School in New Gloucester in 1936. Patients are in the background.
Kessell, of Auburn, was about 26 when the photo was taken.
The snapshot was in a photo album belonging to Myrtle Daly, who also worked at the state-run facility for the developmentally disabled.
About This Item
- Title: Marjorie Kessell, Pownal State School, 1936
- Creator: Daly, Myrtle
- Creation Date: 1936
- Subject Date: 1936
- Town: New Gloucester
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:New Gloucester Historical Society
PO Box 531, New Gloucester, ME 04260
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Pineland Farms, Inc. (New Gloucester, Me.)--History
- Pineland Hospital and Training Center (New Gloucester, Me.)
- Pineland Center (New Gloucester, Me.)
- Hospitals--Maine--New Gloucester
- Mental institutions--Maine--New Gloucester
- Maine School for the Feeble-Minded (1908-1925)
- Pineland Center (1973-1996)
- Pineland Hospital and Training Center (1957-1973)
- Pownal State School (1925-1957)
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.