Contributed by New Gloucester Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Cumberland Hall, a residential facility at Pownal State School in New Gloucester opened in 1937.
The facility served persons with developmental disabilities. It opened in 1908 as the Maine School for the Feeble-Minded, became Pownal State School in 1925, and Pineland Hospital and Training Center in 1957.
About This Item
- Title: Cumberland Hall, Pownal State School, ca. 1937
- Creation Date: circa 1937
- Subject Date: circa 1937
- Town: New Gloucester
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 19 cm x 24.5 cm
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:New Gloucester Historical Society
PO Box 531, New Gloucester, ME 04260
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Hospitals--Maine--New Gloucester
- Pineland Farms, Inc. (New Gloucester, Me.)--History
- Pineland Hospital and Training Center (New Gloucester, Me.)
- Pineland Center (New Gloucester, Me.)
- Mental institutions--Maine--New Gloucester
- Maine School for the Feeble-Minded (1908-1925)
- Pineland Center (1973-1996)
- Pineland Hospital and Training Center (1957-1973)
- Pownal State School (1925-1957)
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.