Contributed by New Gloucester Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The central kitchen at Pownal State School supplied food for the state-operated facility for people with developmental disabilities.
The school opened in 1908 as the "Maine School for the Feeble-Minded." The name was changed to Pownal State School in 1925.
About This Item
- Title: Kitchen, Pownal State School, ca. 1938
- Creation Date: circa 1938
- Subject Date: circa 1938
- Town: New Gloucester
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 19 cm x 24.5 cm
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:New Gloucester Historical Society
PO Box 531, New Gloucester, ME 04260
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Hospitals--Maine--New Gloucester
- Pineland Center (New Gloucester, Me.)
- Pineland Hospital and Training Center (New Gloucester, Me.)
- Pineland Farms, Inc. (New Gloucester, Me.)
- Mental institutions--Maine--New Gloucester
- Maine School for the Feeble-Minded (1908-1925)
- Pineland Center (1973-1996)
- Pineland Hospital and Training Center (1957-1973)
- Pownal State School (1925-1957)
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.