Pemaquid Point Light, ca. 1930
Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The Pemaquid Point Light keeper's house, bell tower holding the weights for the fog bell, and the small building in front of the lighthouse, which holds the fog bell.
The lighthouse was built in 1826 to mark the entrances to Muscongus Bay and John Bay near Bristol.
- Title: Pemaquid Point Light, ca. 1930
- Creation Date: circa 1930
- Subject Date: circa 1930
- Town: Bristol
- County: Lincoln
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 8.5 cm x 13 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 448; Pemaquid Point
- Collection: Wittemann Brothers Postal Card Company collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.