Contributed by Poland Spring Preservation Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Janette Wheeler Bolster Ricker (1821-1883) was married to Hiram Ricker. They operated the Poland Spring resort and Poland Mineral Spring Water Co. Her parents were General Alvan Bolster, a prominent leader in Rumford and Cynthia Wheeler Bolster.
Five of their six children stayed in Poland Spring and were involved in running the resort.
About This Item
- Title: Janette Wheeler Bolster Ricker, ca. 1880
- Creator: Whipple, Boston
- Creation Date: circa 1880
- Subject Date: circa 1880
- Town: Poland Spring
- County: Androscoggin
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Poland Spring Preservation Society
PO Box 444, Poland Spring, ME 04274
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Mineral waters--Maine--Poland Spring
- Water--Maine--Poland Spring
- Hiram Ricker & Sons
- Ricker, Hiram, 1809-1893
- Ricker, Janette Wheeler Bolster, 1821-1883--Portrait photographs
- Resorts--Maine--Poland Spring
- Hotels--Maine--Poland Spring
- Springs--Maine--Poland Spring
- Poland Spring Hotel (Poland Spring, Me.)
- Mineral water industry--Maine--Poland Spring
- Buildings--Maine--Poland Spring
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.