Contributed by Poland Spring Preservation Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Charles Newell of Boston gave this image of the Poland Spring House to Hiram W. Ricker, one of the Ricker sons who operated the Poland Spring Resort and Poland Spring Water company.
The photo was taken in October 1889.
About This Item
- Title: Poland Spring House, 1889
- Creator: Newell & Dow
- Creation Date: 1889
- Subject Date: 1889
- Town: Poland Spring
- County: Androscoggin
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Poland Spring Preservation Society
PO Box 444, Poland Spring, ME 04274
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Mineral waters--Maine--Poland Spring
- Water--Maine--Poland Spring
- Hiram Ricker & Sons
- Ricker, Hiram Weston, 1857-1930
- Resorts--Maine--Poland Spring
- Hotels--Maine--Poland Spring
- Springs--Maine--Poland Spring
- Poland Spring Hotel (Poland Spring, Me.)
- Mineral water industry--Maine--Poland Spring
- Buildings--Maine--Poland Spring
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.