Contributed by Poland Spring Preservation Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
A view of the Poland Spring House, which opened in 1876 and, after numerous additions, boasted over 300 guest rooms, a dining room 182 feet long, a huge music room and various recreation rooms.
The inn, along with the Mansion House (1797), the Riccar Inn (1913)[renamed the Presidential Inn], made up the resort.
About This Item
- Title: Poland Spring House, ca. 1935
- Creation Date: circa 1935
- Subject Date: circa 1935
- Town: Poland Spring
- County: Androscoggin
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Poland Spring Preservation Society
PO Box 444, Poland Spring, ME 04274
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Poland Spring Hotel (Poland Spring, Me.)
- Springs--Maine--Poland Spring
- Hotels--Maine--Poland Spring
- Resorts--Maine--Poland Spring
- Ricker, Hiram, 1809-1893
- Hiram Ricker & Sons
- Water--Maine--Poland Spring
- Mineral waters--Maine--Poland Spring
- Mineral water industry--Maine--Poland Spring
- Buildings--Maine--Poland Spring
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.