Contributed by Poland Spring Preservation Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The interior of the bottling plant, built by the Ricker family at Poland Spring in 1906-1907.
The bottling plant was pristine with silver and glass pipes carrying the water from the springhouse to the bottling room. The interior was also covered with non-porous Carrera glass manufactured by the Pittsburgh Plate Glass Company and was easy to clean.
About This Item
- Title: Bottling plant, Poland Spring, ca. 1920
- Creation Date: circa 1920
- Subject Date: circa 1920
- Town: Poland Spring
- County: Androscoggin
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 21.5 cm x 26 cm
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Poland Spring Preservation Society
PO Box 444, Poland Spring, ME 04274
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Poland Spring Hotel (Poland Spring, Me.)
- Springs--Maine--Poland Spring
- Hotels--Maine--Poland Spring
- Resorts--Maine--Poland Spring
- Well houses--Maine--Poland Spring
- Ricker, Hiram, 1809-1893
- Hiram Ricker & Sons
- Water--Maine--Poland Spring
- Mineral waters--Maine--Poland Spring
- Mineral water industry--Maine--Poland Spring
- Bottling--Maine--Poland Spring
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.