Contributed by Poland Spring Preservation Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The Rickers at the Poland Spring resort received a postcard dated April 14, 1884, from Providence, Rhode Island, seeking information about accommodations.
The message reads, "If there is any person who can reply to this at the Springs, Dr. W.F. Hutchinson will be obliged for information regarding accommodations, prices etc- for the coming season. Are there any cottages or boarding-houses?"
Poland Spring received many hundreds of postcards regarding accommodations, delivery or receipt of water, and information from persons supplying goods or services to the resort.
About This Item
- Title: Postcard seeking accommodation information, 1884
- Creator: Hutchinson, W. F.
- Creation Date: 1884-04-14
- Subject Date: 1884-04-14
- Town: Poland Spring
- County: Androscoggin
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper, postcard
- Dimensions: 10 cm x 15.2 cm
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:Poland Spring Preservation Society
PO Box 444, Poland Spring, ME 04274
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Poland Spring Hotel (Poland Spring, Me.)--Records and correspondence
- Springs--Maine--Poland Spring
- Hotels--Maine--Poland Spring
- Resorts--Maine--Poland Spring
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.