Southern Cross on runway, San Francisco, 1928
Contributed by Paris Cape Historical Society
The Southern Cross, a Fokker tri-motor during a trial run before the first ever flight across the Pacific. The plane took off from Oakland, California and flew to Australia, stopping in Hawaii and Fiji.
Harry Lyon of Paris Hill was the navigator on the flight.
- Title: Southern Cross on runway, San Francisco, 1928
- Creation Date: circa 1928
- Subject Date: circa 1928
- Town: Brisbane, San Francisco
- State: CA
- Media: Photograph
- Dimensions (cm): 18.8 x 24
- Collection: Lloyd Gates Collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.