Southern Cross on runway, San Francisco, 1928
Contributed by Paris Cape Historical Society
The Southern Cross, a Fokker tri-motor during a trial run before the first ever flight across the Pacific. The plane took off from Oakland, California and flew to Australia, stopping in Hawaii and Fiji.
Harry Lyon of Paris Hill was the navigator on the flight.
- Title: Southern Cross on runway, San Francisco, 1928
- Creation Date: circa 1928
- Subject Date: circa 1928
- Town: Brisbane, San Francisco
- State: CA
- Media: Photograph
- Dimensions (cm): 18.8 x 24
- Collection: Lloyd Gates Collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Share what you know about this item
... Or if there's a problem with this page, tell us.
We do NOT offer appraisals on like items. Check our Note on Appraisals.