Contributed by Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The Dragon limestone quarry near Rockland was established about 1928.
Aerial photos were first taken around this time to help survey the land, and determine where rich mineral deposits may be located.
About This Item
- Title: Dragon Quarry, Rockland, ca. 1930
- Creator: Portland Press Herald
- Creation Date: circa 1930
- Subject Date: circa 1930
- Town: Rockland
- County: Knox
- State: ME
- Media: Glass Negative
- Dimensions: 12.7 cm x 17.8 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 1949, 2005.061.A46
- Collection: Portland Press Herald glass negative collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.