Fish Hatchery, Raymond, 1926
Contributed by Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Man holding up a salmon taken from the rearing pen at the Maine State Fish Hatchery in Raymond.
The salmon were stripped of their eggs and milt and the eggs artificially fertilized. Young salmon were kept in the rearing pens until mature enough to be released.
- Title: Fish Hatchery, Raymond, 1926
- Creator: Portland Press Herald, Evening Express
- Creation Date: 1926
- Subject Date: 1926
- Local Name: Panther River, Panther Run
- Town: Raymond
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Glass negative
- Dimensions (cm): 8 x 11
- Local Code: 2005.061.14115; Coll. 1949 #14115
- Collection: Portland Press Herald Glass Negative Collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
If you'd like to privately share a comment with MMN staff, please use this form.