Contributed by Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Donald B. MacMillan, commander of the schooner Bowdoin, center; and at left in the lighter colored coat, Stanley Field, president of the Field Museum of Natural History in Chicago, prior to the departure of the Bowdoin and schooner Sachem III from Wiscasset on a trip to Labrador and Greenland.
Field's son, Joseph N. Field, was one of the cabin boys on the expedition.
About This Item
- Title: Donald B. MacMillan, Wiscasset, 1926
- Creator: Portland Press Herald , Evening Express
- Creation Date: 1926-06-19
- Subject Date: 1926-06-19
- Town: Wiscasset
- County: Lincoln
- State: ME
- Media: Glass Negative
- Dimensions: 8.3 cm x 10.8 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 1949, 2005.061.13504
- Collection: Portland Press Herald Glass Negative Collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Arctic regions--Discovery and exploration
- Arrivals & departures
- Bowdoin (Ship)
- MacMillan, Donald Baxter, 1874-1970--Travel
- Sachem III (Ship)
- Sailing ships--Maine
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.