MacMillan Expedition ceremony, Wiscasset , 1926
Contributed by Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
At center, a crew member, most likely Kennett Rawson or Joseph N. Field, talks with two unidentified men at the embarkation ceremony for Donald B. MacMillan's 1926 expedition to the coasts of Newfoundland, Labrador, Baffin Land, and Greenland.
Rawson and Field were the youngest members of the 1926 Expedition.
- Title: MacMillan Expedition ceremony, Wiscasset , 1926
- Creator: Portland Press Herald , Evening Express
- Creation Date: 1926-06-19
- Subject Date: 1926-06-19
- Town: Wiscasset
- County: Lincoln
- State: ME
- Media: Glass negative
- Dimensions (cm): 8 x 11
- Local Code: Coll. 1949 #13502; 2005.061.13502
- Collection: Portland Press Herald Glass Negative Collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
If you'd like to privately share a comment with MMN staff, please use this form.