Contributed by Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The boys in the rigging are most likely the youngest members of the crew that went on the MacMillan Expedition of 1926, Kennett Rawson, 15, son of Frederick H. Rawson, a Chicago banker and sponsor or the expedition; and Joseph N. Field, 14, son of Stanley Field, head of the Field Museum in Chicago.
One of the purposes of the trip was to collect specimens for the Field Museum in Chicago.
About This Item
- Title: Crew in rigging of Bowdoin, Wiscasset, 1926
- Creator: Portland Press Herald
- Creation Date: 1926-06-19
- Subject Date: 1926-06-19
- Town: Wiscasset
- County: Lincoln
- State: ME
- Media: Glass Negative
- Dimensions: 10.8 cm x 8.3 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 1949, 2005.061.13500
- Collection: Portland Press Herald Glass Negative Collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.