Contributed by Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Portland's Union Station, looking north from St. John Street.
Union Station was first opened on June 25, 1888 and was the terminus for the Boston & Maine, Maine Central and the Portland & Ogdensburg Railroad lines.
It was torn down in 1961.
About This Item
- Title: Union Station, Portland, ca. 1900
- Creator: Portland Press Herald
- Creation Date: circa 1900
- Subject Date: circa 1900
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Glass Negative
- Dimensions: 12.7 cm x 17.8 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 1949, 2005.061.1045
- Collection: Portland Press Herald Glass Negative Collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.