Union Station, Portland, ca. 1900
Contributed by Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Portland's Union Station, looking north from St. John Street.
Union Station was first opened on June 25, 1888 and was the terminus for the Boston & Maine, Maine Central and the Portland & Ogdensburg Railroad lines.
It was torn down in 1961.
- Title: Union Station, Portland, ca. 1900
- Creator: Portland Press Herald
- Creation Date: circa 1900
- Subject Date: circa 1900
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Glass negative
- Local Code: Coll. 1949 #1045; 2005.061.1045
- Collection: Portland Press Herald Glass Negative Collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Share what you know about this item
We do NOT offer appraisals on like items. Check our Note on Appraisals.