Temporary buildings plot plan, Passamaquoddy Tidal project, 1935
Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
A plot plan of the locations of the temporary buildings -- dormitories, apartments, and housing -- to be built for workers at the Passamaquoddy Tidal Power Project.
The project to generate power from tides in Cobscook and Passamaquoddy bays was funded by a New Deal program and to be built by the Army Corps of Engineers.
The first allocation of $7 million was spent, but no further funds were appropriated and the project, including a number of buildings, was abandoned in August 1936.
- Title: Temporary buildings plot plan, Passamaquoddy Tidal project, 1935
- Creator: John Calvin Stevens-John Howard Stevens
- Creation Date: 1935
- Subject Date: 1935
- Local Name: Quoddy Village
- Town: Eastport
- County: Washington
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper, architectural drawing
- Local Code: Coll. 209, OS2-C2, JCS0617-1-1935
- Collection: John Calvin Stevens
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine Historical Society
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Share what you know about this item
... Or if there's a problem with this page, tell us.
We do NOT offer appraisals on like items. Check our Note on Appraisals.