Temporary buildings plot plan, Passamaquoddy Tidal project, 1935
Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
A plot plan of the locations of the temporary buildings -- dormitories, apartments, and housing -- to be built for workers at the Passamaquoddy Tidal Power Project.
The project to generate power from tides in Cobscook and Passamaquoddy bays was funded by a New Deal program and to be built by the Army Corps of Engineers.
The first allocation of $7 million was spent, but no further funds were appropriated and the project, including a number of buildings, was abandoned in August 1936.
- Title: Temporary buildings plot plan, Passamaquoddy Tidal project, 1935
- Creator: John Calvin Stevens-John Howard Stevens
- Creation Date: 1935
- Subject Date: 1935
- Local Name: Quoddy Village
- Town: Eastport
- County: Washington
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper, architectural drawing
- Local Code: Coll. 209, OS2-C2, JCS0617-1-1935
- Collection: John Calvin Stevens
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine Historical Society
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Share what you know about this item
We do NOT offer appraisals on like items. Check our Note on Appraisals.