Architectural drawing of proposed sanatorium, Hebron, 1903
Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The John Calvin Stevens-John Howard Stevens Architects drawing of the proposed Maine State Sanatorium for treatment of people with tuberculosis.
The privately operated facility, which opened in 1904, was located on Greenwood Mountain in Hebron. Its founder, Dr. Estes Nichols believed in fresh air, including for sleeping, rest, and a nutritious diet for treatment of the disease.
- Title: Architectural drawing of proposed sanatorium, Hebron, 1903
- Creator: John Calvin Stevens-John Howard Stevens
- Creation Date: 1903
- Subject Date: 1903
- Local Name: Greenwood Mountain
- Town: Hebron
- County: Oxford
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Local Code: Coll. 209, 7-B-1, JCS 0396-1-1904
- Collection: John Calvin Stevens
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings