Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The School House at the Western Maine Sanatorium for tuberculosis treatment in Hebron.
When the state took over what had been private facilities in Hebron and Fairfield in 1915, the patients who were believed to be curable were sent to Hebron and those with more advanced disease to Fairfield, the Central Maine Sanatorium.
About This Item
- Title: School House, Western Maine Sanatorium, 1928
- Creator: Wadleigh, Merle G.
- Creation Date: 1928
- Subject Date: 1928
- Local Name: Greenwood Mountain
- Town: Hebron
- County: Oxford
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 6.2 cm x 10.7 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 2111, Vol. 2
- Collection: Madeline S. Brown Wadleigh photograph albums
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.