Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Four patients at the Western Maine Sanatorium in Hebron are identified in a photo album as, front, from left, Carron and "His Nibs" (Merle Wadleigh) and rear, Gill and Lehman (Arthur Lehman).
Merle Wadleigh of Portland kept the album while he was a patient at the tuberculosis sanatorium. He labeled the photo "The Four Horsemen or Four Aces."
He wrote on the back, "July 1928, The four horsemen, This was taken when I was in Reception. I weighed 140. This is the one that I sent you a piece of before."
About This Item
- Title: Four patients, Western Maine Sanatorium, 1928
- Creation Date: 1928
- Subject Date: 1928
- Local Name: Greenwood Mountain
- Town: Hebron
- County: Oxford
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 11.6 cm x 7 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 2111, Vol. 2
- Collection: Madeline S. Brown Wadleigh photograph albums
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Group portraits
- Hospitals, convalescent--Maine--Hebron
- Maine State Sanatorium
- Sick persons
- Tuberculosis hospitals--Maine
- Western Maine Sanatorium
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.