Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
A group, probably of patients, at the Western Maine Sanatorium, a tuberculosis treatment facility in Hebron.
The photo was taken on May 31, 1929. On the back are typed names: "Jesen Fitz Chales Mannette Sweetser Pearie Stone Philbrick Fornier Lehmans Parker Gallant Bonny Roger Burke Wadleigh Brown Bouton Chamblain JacobsonFortier McKay Coffee Lucas Klo[?]as."
The photo album in which the picture appears was owned by Merle Wadleigh of Portland, a patient at the Sanatorium in 1928 and 1929.
About This Item
- Title: Group at Western Maine Sanatorium, 1929
- Creation Date: 1929-05-31
- Subject Date: 1929-05-31
- Local Name: Greenwood Mountain
- Town: Hebron
- County: Oxford
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 6.1 cm x 11.4 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 2111, Vol. 2
- Collection: Madeline S. Brown Wadleigh photograph albums
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Group portraits
- Hospitals, convalescent--Maine--Hebron
- Maine State Sanatorium
- Sick persons
- Tuberculosis hospitals--Maine
- Western Maine Sanatorium
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.