Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Merle G. Wadleigh, a patient at the Western Maine Sanatorium in Hebron, took the photograph he labeled "Dr. Stone, assistant chief, and the help, Jenson and Moores."
The tuberculosis treatment facility began in 1904 as a private sanatorium. The state took over operation in 1915.
About This Item
- Title: Sanatorium doctor and staff, ca. 1928
- Creator: Wadleigh, Merle G.
- Creation Date: circa 1928
- Subject Date: circa 1928
- Local Name: Greenwood Mountain
- Town: Hebron
- County: Oxford
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 11.5 cm x 7 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 2111, Vol. 2
- Collection: Madeline S. Brown Wadleigh photograph albums
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.