Contributed by Maine State Archives
Charles H. Payson of Portland wrote to Dr. Estes Nichols expressing his regret that Nichols had resigned as medical superintendent of the Maine State Sanatorium in Hebron.
Nichols founded the tuberculosis treatment facility in 1901 and resigned when the Legislature voted to take over the hospital and appoint a new director.
About This Item
- Title: Letter concerning Estes Nichols' resignation, 1915
- Creator: Payson, Charles H.
- Creation Date: 1915-09-16
- Subject Date: 1915-09-16
- Town: Hebron, Portland
- County: Cumberland, Oxford
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Local Code: 2613-076, 1915, September
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:Maine State Archives
84 State House Station, Augusta, ME 04333-0084
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Western Maine Sanatorium
- Tuberculosis hospitals--Maine
- Hospitals, convalescent--Maine--Hebron
- Maine State Sanatorium
- Payson, Charles H.--Correspondence
- Nichols, Estes--Correspondence
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.