Contributed by Maine State Archives
Harry R. Virgin of the Payson & Virgin law firm in Portland, wrote to Dr. Estes Nichols, medical superintendent of the Maine State Sanatorium in Hebron about opposition at the state Appropriations Committee to providing funds to the privately operated sanatorium.
Virgin asked Nichols to solicit letters of support for the Sanatorium. In an earlier letter, Nichols noted that the committee recommended appropriating $60,000 for two years, but that opposition had surfaced.
About This Item
- Title: Letter concerning opposition to sanatorium funds, 1909
- Creator: Virgin, Harry R.
- Creation Date: 1909-01-29
- Subject Date: 1909-01-28
- Local Name: Greenwood Mountain
- Town: Hebron, Portland
- County: Cumberland, Oxford
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Local Code: 2613-076, Box 1/1909, January 21-31
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:Maine State Archives
84 State House Station, Augusta, ME 04333-0084
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Virgin, Harold T.--Correspondence
- Maine State Sanatorium
- Hospitals, convalescent--Maine--Hebron
- Tuberculosis hospitals--Maine
- Sick persons
- Western Maine Sanatorium
- Nichols, Estes--Correspondence
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.