Contributed by Maine State Archives
Frances C. MacNeil of Bangor wrote to Dr. Estes Nichols, medical superintendent of the Maine State Sanatorium at Hebron, asking for advice for home treatment for her sister, who had tuberculosis.
She said they could not afford sanatorium treatment.
The Maine State Sanatorium was privately operated, although the state provided some funds for indigent patients.
About This Item
- Title: Letter seeking home TB treatment advice, 1909
- Creator: MacNeil, Frances C.
- Creation Date: 1909-01-04
- Subject Date: 1909-01-04
- Local Name: Greenwood Mountain
- Town: Bangor, Hebron
- County: Oxford, Penobscot
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Local Code: 2613-076, Box 1/1909, January 1-10
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:Maine State Archives
84 State House Station, Augusta, ME 04333-0084
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- MacNeil, Frances C.--Correspondence
- Maine State Sanatorium
- Hospitals, convalescent--Maine--Hebron
- Tuberculosis hospitals--Maine
- Sick persons
- Western Maine Sanatorium
- Nichols, Estes--Correspondence
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.