Contributed by Maine State Archives
A. L. T. Cummings of Portland wrote to Dr. Estes Nichols, superintendent of the Maine State Sanatorium in Hebron, requesting a final bill for his sister, Mrs. Isabel C. Buker, who had died.
Mrs. Buker had been a tuberculosis patient at the privately operated hospital.
Cummings wrote, "I want to thank you again for your kind treatment of my sister, and your conscientious endeavor to help her in her battle against Fate."
About This Item
- Title: Request for final sanatorium bill, 1908
- Creator: Cummings, A. L.T.
- Creation Date: 1908-11-24
- Subject Date: 1908-11-24
- Local Name: Greenwood Mountain
- Town: Hebron, Portland
- County: Cumberland, Oxford
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Local Code: 2613-076, Box 1/1908, November 15-30
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:Maine State Archives
84 State House Station, Augusta, ME 04333-0084
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Western Maine Sanatorium
- Sick persons
- Tuberculosis hospitals--Maine
- Hospitals, convalescent--Maine--Hebron
- Maine State Sanatorium
- Cummings, A.L.T.--Correspondence
- Buker, Isabel C.--Death and burial
- Nichols, Estes--Correspondence
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.