Dairy barn, Maine State Sanatorium, Hebron, ca. 1908
Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The dairy barn and creamery at the Maine State Sanatorium in Hebron before the addition of the power station.
The facility for people with tuberculosis stressed fresh air, rest and a diet rich in milk and eggs. The farm provided all the dairy products, fruits and vegetables used at the hospital.
- Title: Dairy barn, Maine State Sanatorium, Hebron, ca. 1908
- Creator: John Calvin Stevens-John Howard Stevens
- Creation Date: circa 1908
- Subject Date: circa 1908
- Local Name: Greenwood Mountain
- Town: Hebron, Portland
- County: Cumberland, Oxford
- State: ME
- Media: Photograph
- Dimensions (cm): 18 x 23
- Local Code: Coll. 209, Series D, Box 35, fl. 16
- Collection: John Calvin Stevens
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine Historical Society
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Maine State Sanatorium
Western Maine Sanatorium
Share what you know about this item
... Or if there's a problem with this page, tell us.
Have a similar item and want it appraised? Check our Note on Appraisals.