Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The dairy barn and creamery at the Maine State Sanatorium in Hebron before the addition of the power station.
The facility for people with tuberculosis stressed fresh air, rest and a diet rich in milk and eggs. The farm provided all the dairy products, fruits and vegetables used at the hospital.
About This Item
- Title: Dairy barn, Maine State Sanatorium, Hebron, ca. 1908
- Creator: John Calvin Stevens-John Howard Stevens
- Creation Date: circa 1908
- Subject Date: circa 1908
- Local Name: Greenwood Mountain
- Town: Hebron, Portland
- County: Cumberland, Oxford
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 18 cm x 23 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 209, Series D, Box 35, fl. 16
- Collection: John Calvin Stevens architectural drawings and records collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Hospitals, convalescent--Maine--Hebron
- Western Maine Sanatorium
- Maine State Sanatorium
- Dairy farming--Maine
- Tuberculosis hospitals--Maine
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.