Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
An architectural sketch by the John Calvin Stevens-John Howard Stevens firm of Portland for the administration building at the Maine State Sanatorium in Hebron.
Construction on the building was completed in August 1906.
The sanatorium, a private facility, treated people with tuberculosis with the open air method -- plenty of fresh, cool air, rest, and a diet rich in eggs and milk.
About This Item
- Title: Architect's sketch, Maine Sanatorium, ca. 1904
- Creator: John Calvin Stevens-John Howard Stevens
- Creation Date: circa 1904
- Subject Date: circa 1904
- Local Name: Greenwood Mountain
- Town: Hebron, Portland
- County: Cumberland, Oxford
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 9 cm x 18 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 209, Series D, Box 35 fl. 16
- Collection: John Calvin Stevens
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Tuberculosis hospitals--Maine
- Architectural drawings
- Hospital architecture--Sketches
- Maine State Sanatorium
- Hospitals, convalescent--Maine--Hebron
- Western Maine Sanatorium
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.