Architect's sketch, Maine Sanatorium, ca. 1904
Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
An architectural sketch by the John Calvin Stevens-John Howard Stevens firm of Portland for the administration building at the Maine State Sanatorium in Hebron.
Construction on the building was completed in August 1906.
The sanatorium, a private facility, treated people with tuberculosis with the open air method -- plenty of fresh, cool air, rest, and a diet rich in eggs and milk.
- Title: Architect's sketch, Maine Sanatorium, ca. 1904
- Creator: John Calvin Stevens-John Howard Stevens
- Creation Date: circa 1904
- Subject Date: circa 1904
- Local Name: Greenwood Mountain
- Town: Hebron, Portland
- County: Cumberland, Oxford
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions (cm): 9 x 18
- Local Code: Coll. 209, Series D, Box 35 fl. 16
- Collection: John Calvin Stevens
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine Historical Society
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Maine State Sanatorium
Western Maine Sanatorium
Share what you know about this item
... Or if there's a problem with this page, tell us.
We do NOT offer appraisals on like items. Check our Note on Appraisals.