Administration building, Western Maine Sanatorium, Hebron, ca. 1940
Contributed by Maine Historic Preservation Commission
The administration building at the state-run Western Maine Sanatorium in Hebron.
The facility for tuberculosis patients opened in 1904 and taken over by the state in 1915. The state also operated facilities at Fairfield and Presque Isle.
The postcard has a long message on the back written to "Dear Mother" from someone who had just arrived at the sanatorium. It does not have an address or postmark, and must have been sent in an envelope.
- Title: Administration building, Western Maine Sanatorium, Hebron, ca. 1940
- Creator: Otis N. E. Card, Photographer, Bath
- Creation Date: circa 1940
- Subject Date: circa 1940
- Local Name: Greenwood Mountain
- Town: Hebron
- County: Oxford
- State: ME
- Media: Postcard; ink on paper
- Object Type: Text and Image
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine Historic Preservation Commission
55 Capitol Street, 65 State House Station, Augusta, ME 04333-0065
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
If you'd like to privately share a comment with MMN staff, please use this form.