Contributed by National Archives at Boston
President Franklin Delano Roosevelt looks over the model of the Passamaquoddy Tidal Power Project, which was intended to utilize the power of tides to generate electricity.
Roosevelt managed to fund the project for one year during the Great Depression. Housing and other facilities were built in Quoddy Village before the project was abandoned.
This photograph was taken on July 30, 1936.
About This Item
- Title: President Roosevelt, Eastport, 1936
- Creator: Army Corps of Engineers
- Creation Date: 1936-07-30
- Subject Date: 1936-07-30
- Town: Eastport
- County: Washington
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Collection: Records of the Office of the Chief of Engineers
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:National Archives at Boston
380 Trapelo Road, Waltham, MA 02452
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- United States. President (1933-1945 : Roosevelt)
- Passamaquoddy Tidal Power Project
- Roosevelt, Franklin D. (Franklin Delano), 1882-1945
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.