Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Grenville Sparrow (1838-1907) of Worcester, Massachusetts, a Maine native who served in the Civil War, received a patent with his partner, Stillman Houghton, for improved cuff-buttons.
Sparrow spent most of his life in Maine.
About This Item
- Title: Sparrow button patent, 1876
- Creator: United States Commissioner of Patents
- Creation Date: 1876-02-17
- Subject Date: 1876
- Town: Worcester
- State: MA
- Media: Ink on paper
- Local Code: Coll. 2293, Box 1/2
- Collection: Capt. Granville F. Sparrow Civil War collection
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.