West Buxton dam, ca. 1912
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The West Buxton Power Station on the Saco River.
Portland Electric Co. built the dam on the river in 1906 at the site of a former sawmill.
In 1912, Cumberland County Power & Light Co. purchased the power station. Central Maine Power Co. acquired the Cumberland County company in 1942.
The power station pictured here was replaced in 1947-1948.